Skip to content
MOKE-FINE-WINES

EXCEPTIONAL FINE & EVERYDAY WINE

FINE & EVERYDAY WINE

The Underworld Grenache Blanc Strange Kompanjie Unlimited

Strange Kompanjie Unlimited

The Underworld Grenache Blanc

2021 Coastal Region, South Africa, 75cl

The Underworld Grenache Blanc Strange Kompanjie Unlimited

A fantastically mineral example of this variety that thrives in South Africa. The nose is a bounty of lemon peel, juniper and jasmine aromatics which continues on the palate and is supported by the grape’s natural pithy acidity, longevity and structure. With the fruit being a blend of Grenache Blanc from two locations: 40% from bush vine Paarl fruit which has been barrel fermented in 4-6 year old 500 litre French oak barrels and the remaining 60% from unirrigated bush vines in Piekernierskloof which has been wild fermented in stainless steel, there’s underlying complexity and interest.

If this wine were bottled as being a product of France, I’m convinced there would be an extra £5.00 on the price, but as it’s a product of South Africa, it demonstrated brilliant value!

£11.25

Treat yourself to a case:
6 x bottles 75cl
£67.50
12 x bottles 75cl
£135.00
Case of 6: £67.50
Case of 12: £135.00

GIFT WRAP? SELECT AT CART

FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £300 (mainland UK only). There is no minimum order value.

We operate Monday-Friday. Orders received before 11am will be prioritised for dispatch. Orders received after that time will be processed the following day. Orders are shipped via courier (see below for details):

  • Standard Delivery £12.00 (2-5 working days)
  • Specified Date £15.00 Mon-Fri only
  • Priority Next Day Please enquire before placing your order 
  • Saturday Delivery Please enquire before placing your order

Prices & terms exclude bank holidays

Local Delivery (Gloucestershire)

We offer free delivery for orders over £150.00 in the following postcode areas: GL5, GL6, GL7, GL8, SN16 otherwise delivery is charged at our standard rate of £12.00. Please contact us if you require next day delivery and we will do our best to accommodate you.

SAF07700421B
Behind the bottle: Strange Kompanjie Unlimited

South African winemakers Ryno Booysen and JD Rossouw lead this merry group of winemakers, championing the unfashionable, experimenting with the known and generally having fun finding small parcels of excellent grapes that they vinify to produce something unusual and exciting!

Worthy alternatives

NO MINIMUM ORDER
Just one bottle? No problem – your order is important to us

SPECIALIST FRAGILE DELIVERY
Orders are skilfully packaged and shipped by experts

EXPERT & INDEPENDENT ADVICE
We love nothing more than to talk directly to customers. Contact

NO QUIBBLE & EASY RETURNS
If you change your mind, we’ll honour returns hassle free

Added To Cart 0
There are no products in the cart!
Continue shopping
moke-white

Sign up to our grapevine for tailored news & offers

You must be 18 yrs or over. See Privacy Policy.