Skip to content
MOKE-FINE-WINES

EXCEPTIONAL FINE & EVERYDAY WINE

FINE & EVERYDAY WINE

TOP PICKS

Best reds under £10! (Oct’22)

Crowd pleasers galore! Perfect for large gatherings around the fire (pit, wood burner, bonfire or open), these super quaffers make for brilliant drinking without breaking the bank!

Moke’s Notes:

2018 Aliança Dão Aliança Vinhos de Portugal, £9.50

Produced from traditional Portuguese varieties grown in the Dao region, south of the Douro Valley, these old vines grow in granite soil and offer surprising depth and concentration at this price point. Brooding dark berry fruit and plum are layered amongst mocha and dark chocolate with supple tannins and a long, lingering, juicy finish. Perfect for hearty autumnal beasts and feasts.

Bodegas Borsao 2020 Viña Borgia Borsao Organic Garnacha, Spain £9.00

This cheeky little Garnacha is sourced from organically cultivated vineyards, where vines are an  average age 10-30 years. The mouthfeel is vibrant with a clean lick of acidity complimenting the bramble and redcurrant fruit. With soft tannins, the focus here is on plenty of lush, pure fruit making this a really easy drinking Garnacha.

Boutinot 2021 Debajo Dry Farmed Carignan, Chile £9.00

Even we chuckle when we read back through our tasting notes and it read “Oooooo tasty!!” Made predominantly (85%) from dry-farmed Carignan grown in Curico’s coastal mountains. Debajo means ‘beneath’ and refers to the vines struggle for water, digging their roots through the cracks in the dry earth to find water reserves deep beneath the ground. The remaining 15% Grenache adds flesh and juiciness to the wine. Good acidity and tannins provide structure, but it’s the lovely blackberry and mulberry fruit that practically sings out of the glass and leaves you returning for another sip! A real super quaffer!

Boutinot 2021 Cuvée Jean-Paul Rouge IGP, France £8.25

One sip of this and you can imagine yourself in a relaxed French bistro awaiting a dish of Coq au Vin. Made from grapes classified as IGP Méditerranée but in the department of Vaucluse, this shares similar characteristics to neighbouring famous villages; however, part of this wines joy is its inherent uncomplicated nature – southern Rhône varieties fill the glass with ample red fruit, underlying spice and hint of herbal freshness. Deliciously drinkable solo or with food.

Boutinot 2020 Ordinal Cabernet Sauvignon, Côtes de Thau IGP, France £9.50

The vineyards of the Côtes de Thau surround the lagoons of the Bassin de Thau. Here Cabernet Sauvignon benefits from the warmer Mediterranean climate and natural sea breezes which ensure the grapes develop fully and retain freshness. This delicate Cabernet Sauvignon offers the blackcurrant aromatics that the grape is famous for, with body and structure befitting the sense of place. This will be a brilliant crowd pleaser for parties and gatherings, and if there are any bottles left over, you won’t be unhappy about having them all to yourself!

Boutinot 2020 Percheron Shiraz Mourvèdre, South Africa £8.50

Rhône varietals thrive in South Africa: the dry, sometimes harsh climate suits their character and the resulting wines encapsulate dazzling aromatics and definition. Shiraz makes up the majority of the blend (70%) and is co-fermented with a little Viognier (3%) for the heady perfume, this is then blended with the later ripen Mourvèdre (27%). Aromatics of black cherries, raspberries, spice and earth lead to an abundant palate with is ripe and juicy. The wine is vibrant with delicious red and dark fruit, rich chocolatey notes and a big savoury heart. Delicious! 

Emiliana Adobe 2020 Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile £9.95

Fresh and fruity aromas of blackberry, spicy and a hint of smokiness, the palate is concentrated and smooth with vibrant plum, red fruit and a delicate herbal note. Part of this wine was aged in oak barrels for 6 months and later re-blended to achieve a more complex character, leaving silky tannins and a medium bodied structure that is easy to drink. Emiliana is the pioneer of organic viticulture in Chile and when you taste this super star, it’s easy why it’s regularly receiving award after award

Montressor Bio 2020 Corvina Bio Italy, £9.95

The grape Corvina is normally associated with fuller bodied reds that have spent time in oak (think Valpolicella and Amarone) whereas this light to medium bodied wine expresses the pure essence of juicy fruit that this grape produces: lush red fruit, both berries and currants, dominate the nose and palate. Natural vibrant acidity and soft tannins make it far more similar to a Pinot Noir that a traditional Corvina. The grapes spend plenty of time bathed in sunshine to fully ripen and the absence of oak aging allows the abundant juicy fruit to shine.  

Added To Cart 0
There are no products in the cart!
Continue shopping
moke-white

Sign up to our grapevine for tailored news & offers

You must be 18 yrs or over. See Privacy Policy.